Exploring the Origins and Future of Craftsmanship
Our products and documentary materials tell the story of “Craftsmanship”, cultivated for generations in the pottery town of Tokoname. Recent projects range from the restoration of historic structures to the creation of new, innovative ceramics with the collaboration of artists, architects, and experts from various fields.
Passing on Tradition - The Pursuit of Creating Attractive, Innovative Products
LIXIL Ceramics Lab is for the ceramic production in Tokoname, where one of the six Japanese old kilns located with 1000 years history of making potteries.
Here, we are challenging for new innovation and possibilities in the ceramic technology, which we have inherited through the long history of the pottery production.
The Path to Restoration - Recent Projects
Examples of ceramic tile and terra cotta produced by LIXIL Ceramics Lab for restoration projects and past INAX MUSEUMS exhibitions can be found here. (Available in Japanese only.)
LIXIL Ceramics Lab Activities
- Restoration and Lore of Traditional Techniques
- We inherit the ceramic technology to the next generation by challenging resto-ration and reproduction of the tiles and terracotta used in the great historical buildings.
- Collaborating with Creators
- We challenge to produce attractive yet innovative ceramics through the collaborative activities with world-wide creators including the architects and designers.
- Challenging the Ceramic Future - from hand made to science -
- We challenge the future of ceramic production applying the traditional knowledge and skills inherited from restoring/ reproducing the great ceramics to the modern technologies.
- Contribution to LIXIL's Cultural Activities
- We take initiatives on cultural activities from the aspect of ceramic production collaborating with INAX MUSEUMS.
No information available at this time.