LIXIL’s history can be traced back over 100 years when LIXIL’s predecessors first combined a fixation for design and color with a passion for Japanese craftsmanship and created products that have redefined the spaces we call home.
Architects and designers have played a key role throughout LIXIL's rich history, integrating functionality with refined aesthetics. This has been the foundation of what we call our Living Culture - a way in which we ensure that our products are always relevant to people, our lifestyles, and the times in which we live.
Living Culture embodies LIXIL's passion to be the Link to Good Living. The spirit of Living Culture will continue to be at the core of every product we make and service we provide, around the world and for generations to come.
- Our stories introduce LIXIL's legacy of craftsmanship, innovation, and pursuit in creating beautiful and highly functional products that respond to Japan's climate, culture, and the changing socio-economic environment, and how they have influenced Japanese lives and lifestyles.
Through our various cultural activities, we pass on traditional techniques to future generations as well as opportunities to learn and develop new visions.
- INAX MUSEUMS
- In the historic pottery town of Tokoname, the birthplace of INAX, we have transformed what was once a production site of earthenware pipes into a beautiful and exciting collection of museum facilities. Our museums offer various displays, including the Great Kiln with the tall chimney, and workshops that introduce the world of clay and ceramics and the joy and passion of craftsmanship.
Galleries (Until September 2020)
- LIXIL GALLERY
- Over the years, LIXIL held 977 exhibitions at the LIXIL GALLERY, including theTouring Exhibitions Regarding Architecture, Design, and Related Fields, Art &Architecture Exhibitions, and Ceramic Exhibitions. The exhibitions until September 2020 marked our final activities at the gallery. Summaries of past exhibits exploring at depth themes such as lifestyles, design, architecture, and art are available here.
- LIXIL Publishing
- LIXIL Publishing has published a wide range of publications on cities, architecture, design, and lifestyle culture, to offer information from new perspectives on a wide range of architectural themes.
While 2020 will be our final year for new publications, we will continue to sell what we have published until the autumn of 2022. Please take a look at the lineup of publications by LIXIL Publishing.
LIXIL Museum on the web
Evolution of Japanese Lifestyles with LIXIL Products
- Presenting LIXIL's legacy and history of Japanese lifestyles in chronology. (Japanese only)
LIXIL products archives
- Presenting the development backgrounds and specifics of the LIXIL products that have brought changes to people's livelihoods. (English)